Sunday 23 February 2014

Funky playroom setting!

I had the idea to team up two of these lovely knitted pouffs with a small, weathered table for a funky kids settingSuper comfy cotton knit and a hypoallergenic polystyrene filling, lightweight, versatile and excellent for core strength and balance!


I found this antique pine table, 780mm in diameter for sale in the heart of Fremantle. The lady I bought it from said it had been in the family for many generations. It was in need of a sand to take away some old, flaking varnish and some fresh white paint on the legs. I have limewashed and sealed the top to give it the ultimate relaxed beachy feel!
I have left many of original the dents and dings in the top surface, as I feel a they tell a beautiful story about the pieces' history.
What is so lovely about these three items, is that once the children have gone to bed, the adults have a coffee table and two footstools for the evening :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...