Monday 14 July 2014

Love me some mustard!

I love deep, rich, dirty yellow shades. Probably something to do with the fact that they lie firmly within the range of autumn hues that suit my own colouring. I think mustard is one of those tones that people seem to love or hate - you don't see it worn too often, but when you do, its generally done very stylishly and with a fantastic mix of coordinating shades!
 
Dorlydesigns.com
 
Plascontrends
 
Secret Look Society
 
Beingtazim
 
My neighbour and friend had these little old sad Queen Anne drawers which she had taken the beautiful mirror off already, she fancied a mustard shade to brighten up her lounge area. I cant emphasise enough how pieces of furniture like this that seem to have had their day (often covered in stickers from another life-time...) can be given a completely new and stylish second chance at life!
 
 
I mixed up a custom shade using Chalk Paint, decorative paint by Annie Sloan, blending English Yellow, Versailles and a drop of Primer Red.
 
 Ginghambuffalo.com

 
 
She had the really clever idea to hang the mirror on the wall above the drawers, keeping them together with a really contemporary twist! Makes me think I might like something in this shade in my own home too....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...